Versa Networks, Inc. has multiple openings for Sr. Network Architect.
- Use product knowledge in Security, VPN, Routing, and SD-WAN to provide technical expertise to partners and the customers through technical presentations and product demonstrations.
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, and marketing staff to determine customer needs.
- Research and test new or modified Versa Networks software products to determine performance and interoperability.
- Evaluate network designs to determine whether customer and partner requirements are met efficiently and effectively.
- Design, build, or operate network configuration prototypes, including network hardware, software, lead installing product evaluations, presenting/training at seminars, and responding to RFP’s and RFI’s.
- Adjust network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands in Customer Network or RFP. Determine specific Versa-specified appliance configurations, such as platforms, hypervisors, software, interfaces and bandwidths to deploy Versa VOS™ (formerly FlexVNF) software for customers.
- Coordinate Versa Networks Solution design activities with designers of customer networks.
- Develop, write and test procedures for Versa Networks solution installation, use, support and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
- Bring up Controllers, Gateways and Orchestrators on Cloud Service Providers such as AWS, Azure and VMWare.
- Deploy Versa Networks software such as Versa Director, Versa Analytics, Versa VOS™ (formerly FlexVNF) in the cloud Service Providers such as AWS, Azure and VMware.
- Provide assistance with Setting up the Versa solution in the cloud for the customers.
- Apply principles of computer networking and services to design, develop, test and evaluate networks.
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes for the customer networks.
- Work with Engineering and Customer Support to assist with the troubleshooting of defects reported by customers or found during in-house release testing in areas of Routing, IPSEC, Network Security and SD-WAN.
- Design Versa solutions for the customers, and review and explain the design to Developers, Test Engineers and Customer Support Engineers.
- Document the test results and review the test results with Test Engineers and Customer Support Engineers.
- Work with Test Engineers and Customer Support Engineers to troubleshoot a customer problem and help recreate the problem in the lab.
- Develop, present, and respond to Request For Proposals (RFP) for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and Versa Networks solutions.
- Develop plans for customer legacy network equipment replacement with the Versa Networks Solution.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, or a related field and 5 years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience as Network Architect, Technical Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer Staff, Technical Support Engineer Sr. Staff, Network Consulting Engineer, Engineer – Network Consulting, Sr. Network Architect, Solutions Architect, or a related occupation required.
The required 5 years of work experience must include 5 years of experience in the following skills:
- OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, RSVP and LDP;
- MP-BGP, Traffic Engineering, Layer 2 VPNs, Layer 3 VPNs, IPv6 and IP Multicast;
- TCP and UDP;
- Layer 2 Bridging, VLANs and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP);
- Class of Service (CoS) or Quality of Service (QoS); and
- Internet Protocol Security (IPsec), Network Address Translation (NAT), and Carrier grade network address translation (CGNAT).
Employer’s name: Versa Networks, Inc.
Job site: 6001 America Center Drive, Suite 400, San Jose, CA 95002.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please mail resume with Job # 2019547 to HR at Versa Networks, Inc., 6001 America Center Drive, Suite 400, San Jose, CA 95002.