- Work with a team of other software engineers to design and develop software that provides functionality of network router and firewall in a distributed multi-core platform.
- Design and develop advanced TCP streaming module for application detection module and handles all kinds of anomalous traffic.
- Design and develop redundancy support for data sessions stateful failover.
- Design and develop software for data plane and packet forwarding sub-system.
- Design and develop software for pattern-match based intrusion prevention system using C language.
- Design and develop software modules to implement Intrusion Detection and Protection that inspect protocols, match against vulnerability database. Use knowledge of HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP, UDP to validate the firewall features.
- Design and develop Versa Single Parse architecture and integrate with next gen firewall modules using C and Python.
- Work with Engineering and Customer Support to assist with the troubleshooting of defects reported by customers or found during in-house release testing.
- Debug and recreate customer reported issues.
- Fix customer reported issue and verify the fix.
- Engage with customer to understand and explain the Next-gen firewall intricacies.
- Work on documenting software design and test plans.
- Document Unit test plans and execution results.
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field and 2 years of work experience as Software Engineer or a related occupation required. The required work experience must include 2 years of experience with: designing and developing software for networks services platform; C Programming; Network data-path programming; networking protocols – TCP/IP & UDP; designing and developing forwarding/data-plane software for a multi-core network platform.
Employer’s name: Versa Networks, Inc.
Job site: 6001 America Center Drive, Suite 400, San Jose, CA 95002.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please mail resume with Job # 2020546 to HR at Versa Networks, Inc., 6001 America Center Drive, Suite 400, San Jose, CA 95002.