- Design, develop and execute test plans for testing L2 protocol functionalities of the TCP/IP stack such as RSTP, VLAN and ARP.
- Design, develop and execute test plans for testing L3 protocol functionalities of the TCP/IP stack such as IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP and PIM-SM/SSM.
- Design, develop and execute test plans for testing features such as Quality of Service (QoS).
- Design, develop and execute test plans for validation of asic (Application Specific Integrated Circuit).
- Automate test cases using TCL and Python programming language for testing various software features.
- Design network topologies for testing L2/L3 protocol functionalities using commercial traffic generator tools from Ixia and Spirent.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and 5 years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience as Software Test Engineer, Technical Leader, Software QA Engineer, Software Engineer/QA, Devtest Engineer, Technology Specialist, Software Engineer, or a related occupation required.
The required work experience must include 5 years of experience using the following skills:
- L2 protocols including RSTP, VLAN and ARP;
- L3 Protocols including IPv4/IPv6, BGP, OSPF and PIM-SM/SSM;
- TCL and Expect scripting languages; and
- Traffic tools from Ixia and Spirent.
Employer’s name: Versa Networks, Inc.
Job site: 6001 America Center Drive, Suite 400, San Jose, CA 95002
If you are interested in applying for this position, please mail resume with Job # 2017264 to HR at Versa Networks, Inc., 6001 America Center Drive, Suite 400, San Jose, CA 95002.