The Infrastructure Software Engineer will be at the forefront of architecture, design and implementation of Versa’s high-performance platform and forwarding software. This individual will be part of a team developing very high-performance packet processing capabilities to expand the platform’s capabilities. You will be part of, and work closely with a team of outstanding software & system test engineers. The candidate must have experience with developing software for multi-core architecture, distributed processing, and multi-threaded applications and be able to develop best practices and guidelines for such applications. The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study and have 5-10 years of hands on experience.
· Design and develop software for real-time network applications on a multi-core architecture.
· Work with a team of other Datapath engineers to design and develop real time, high performance, multi-threaded data plane on a multi-core platform.,
· Work on challenging problems that have yet to be solved.
· Think outside the box.
Required skills and background:
· Prior experience working with one or more of following is a must: Intel DPDK, SRIOV, Virtio, Vmxnet3, OVS.
· Experience with packet processing algorithms.
· Working experience with SDKs from Broadcom, Marvell, ARM
· Working experience with NAT, IPSEC VPNs, TCP/IP, Firewall is a plus
· Thorough understanding of performance benchmarks and ability to analyze the same.
· Strong Linux Kernel development experience will be plus.
· Deep working knowledge of L2/L3, and L4-L7 applications.
· Prior experience having built a scalable and high performance system.
· Exhibit strong skills in C programming