JOB CODE: UX029
LOCATION: SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA
Our ideal candidate has a track record of designing flows and wireframes with a strong bias towards user-centric design. The ability to focus in a fast-paced environment with Product Managers, Engineers in an agile environment. The UX Designer will be responsible for researching, creating and developing concepts and specifications that optimize the structure and behavior of screen- based, software solutions for the mutual benefit of both user and business.
Work within this job family falls into two major categories:
- Enhancements- changes to original design and extensions to existing programs.
- New Visual Design and UX designs.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
5+ years of relevant experience.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop high level mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Ability to sketch high-level and detailed ideas individually and during working sessions.
- Work closely with immediate team of Product Managers, UI Developers and Content Strategist.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall Visual design leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the Visual design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and Communication Network orchestrator designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for interactive and interface design testing and acceptance.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall interactive and interface design.
- Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Excellent skills in creative design tools (Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Bohemian Sketch, and prototyping tools, such as InVision, Framer, Webflow or HTML/CSS/JS).
- Experience working with CSS preprocessors Sass and/or LESS.
- Have had experience on providing html/CSS pages for Angular or React (preferred) projects.
- Knowledge of front-end CSS frameworks like Bootstrap/Material UI/Foundation/Semantic-UI (preferred).