The Payroll/AR accountant will perform and oversee all activities necessary to successfully complete the semi-monthly payroll, including maintaining of related records, filing tax reports, voluntary and involuntary deductions, preparing reports for senior management. This individual will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the payroll process, accounting and have demonstrated the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and drive for results. Knowledge of Federal and State tax withholding is a must.
- Full cycle payroll. Process semi-monthly payroll for 100-200 employees ensuring the accuracy of data entry and timely processed according to SOP and State/Federal compliance and regulations.
- Monitor and implement federal and state legal requirements
- Maintain accurate historical records
- Reconcile health benefits invoices against reports from various health care providers
- Set-up earning/deduction codes as needed
- Prepare month-end manual journal entries and reconcile all payroll-related accounts monthly.
- Receive and respond to telephone and in-person inquiries related to a variety of Payroll questions.
- Interpret payroll policies and procedures to company employees of all levels.
- Complete employment verification salary history requests within 24 hours.
- Reconcile/prepare monthly sales tax payment and quarterly reporting.
- Daily/monthly journal entries posting; monthly-end bank reconciliation.
- Tax corrections as assigned, W-2 Processing/audits/W-4 processing
- Other accounting related responsibilities including invoicing and collection
- Accounting and reporting for Accounts Receivable and Bad Debt, including month-end journal entries, analyses and reconciliations
Experience and education:
- You have a minimum 4 years of recent hands-on payroll experience at a fast growth company.
- ADP WorkForce experience.
- Advanced level Excel skills, with proven ability to develop and generate ad hoc reports.
- Strong knowledge of payroll protocols, particularly with IRS regulations, Federal, State, and local tax and labor laws, as well as IRS Sections 401k and 125, and worker’s compensation required.
- Solid knowledge of HR operations, Internal Mobility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage processes and cross functional relationships.
- Ability to maintain data confidentiality with a strong sense of professional integrity.
- Highly analytical with extraordinary organization and prioritization skills, and a proven ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Strong dedication to customer service and ability to communicate concisely, both written and verbally.
- Dedicated, flexible, assertive, with a creative approach to problem solving.