As a Hardware Technical Program Manager at Versa Network, you’ll be a critical member of the program management team working with the engineering group focusing on hardware programs. Plan Engineering programs, projects, drive successful high quality delivery of complex programs, projects on time. Communicating progress to all stakeholders and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific technical issues.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering hardware solutions from prototypes thru manufacturing by scoping the needs across multiple organizations and for providing system level solutions that bridge hardware and software. The scope of this role includes driving decisions for feature sets and capabilities, creating and driving schedules, driving issues to closure, facilitating processes, and reporting on program progress.
Ideal team members are adaptable and resilient, eager to tackle unfamiliar situations with curiosity and tenacity, while able to inspire and influence team members at different levels of experience. You are responsible for forming conviction about what needs to be done, calculating risks, and making sure all the pieces come together for product to ultimately release into production.
• Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Project Management certification beneficial; not required.
5+ years of program, project management in networking industry.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, Oversee and manage engineering projects, ensure milestones are met and drive action items to closure.
• Manage and establish release management process.
• Drive meaningful aspects of a project including scope, requirements, timelines, and prioritization.
• Chair meetings, prepare presentation material, set the agenda, maintain order at the meeting, assign responsibilities and action items etc.
• Define performance metrics, data analysis, reports and automate metrics reporting.
• Own overall program schedules by presenting program milestones and updates to key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with Engineering team and cross functional team, drive deliverables from vendors, partners.
• Good technical understanding of networking.
• Quantitative and analytical skills.
• Experience accomplishing strategic and operational projects.
• Naturally accountable and responsible. Self-starting, ambitious, focused, and self-sufficient.
• Possess extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
• Experience facilitating collaborative working sessions (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).