As Versa’s Controller, you will be a key leader for the financial operations of our rapidly growing company. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high performing accounting team. You must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Manage all general accounting functions which include performing month-end process, preparing and booking journal entries, account reconciliations
- Assure accuracy of all general ledger activity, including reconciliations of all necessary general ledger accounts, and review of general ledger activity
- Timely review and documentation of complex revenue arrangement, particularly related to software and professional service sales
- Establish revenue recognition policy around ASC606
- Oversee tax-related matters to ensure timely compliance
- Lead NetSuite ERP implementation
- Direct activities related to efficient cash collection and vendor payments and overall cash management and cash forecasting.
- Oversee and manage accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Oversee all audits/reviews – financial, tax, bank, etc.
- Review vendor contracts and agreements
- Maintain and improve upon current accounting infrastructure to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures.
- Implement, document and maintain a system of internal controls
- Maintain relationship with external auditors and ensure compliance of GAAP requirements
- Analyze company operations to identify operational and cost efficiencies and implement solutions.
- Document and/or update standard policies and procedures as needed
- Supervise accounting/finance staff, including hiring, training and maintaining adequate staffing levels, providing continuous coverage for all accounting/finance functions.
- Assist in due diligence related matters
- Assist with special projects as needed
Experience and Education:
- 10 to 15 years of progressive experience, with a public / private profile preferred
- CPA license preferred
- Advanced MS Excel and data management skills are critical
Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
|Experience||10 to 15 yrs|