VERSA NETWORKS NAMED TO CRN’S 2016 EMERGING VENDORS LIST AND STARTUP 50’S BIG 50-2016
In November 2015, Versa Networks emerged publicly with its vision of addressing core operational, business agility and cost-reduction issues faced by both network service providers and enterprise customers. Since then, our products have received unequivocal recognition from analyst firms, industry publications and thought leaders. Recently, we added two more feathers to the cap by being included in CRN’s 2016 Emerging Vendors List and Startup 50’s Big 50-2016. These awards recognize our vision to overhaul the legacy enterprise WAN and branch network architecture.
CRN’s Emerging Vendors:
CRN’s 2016 Emerging Vendors List recognizes up-and-coming technology suppliers that are shaping the future of the channel through unique technological innovations. It also serves as a valuable resource for channel partners looking to expand their portfolios with cutting-edge technology. Given that Versa technology is an industry-first in many regards, we are proud to be included on this list with other innovative companies, including Bastille Networks, Avi Networks and TrapX. And this honor wouldn’t be possible without our own valued partners, such as CenturyLink and RCN, who are successfully delivering our SD-WAN and SD-Security solutions to their customers.
In addition to this recognition, CRN recently named our CEO Kumar Mehta to its Annual Top 100 Executives list in the category of “Disruptors.” And the company made its 10 Coolest Networking Startups of 2016, 10 Networking And VoIP Emerging Vendors You Need To Know About and 25 Emerging Vendors You Need To Know About lists. We are excited that one of the biggest names in the channel has recognized the value that we bring to service providers and enterprise customers.
Startup 50’s Big 50-2016
Startup 50, run by tech industry influencer Jeff Vance, compiles a list of top startups in industries that range from artificial intelligence to networking to Big Data and cyber-security. The website prides itself on ignoring hype and promoting companies that are solving real-world problems. Previous winners include Square, Cloudera and Eucalyptus (acquired by HP). Acceptance to the final 50 involves a multi-round process of applications, judging and voting from readers.
We were selected as a winner in the category of startups that power the cloud because of our ability to provide service providers and large enterprises with the broadest set of virtualized network functions (VNFs).
Even More to Come…
We believe what makes us a trusted partner is our laser-like focus on delivering innovative technologies that solve very real problems for today’s high-growth enterprise and telecom networking environments. A recent IHS Market study suggests that the network function virtualization (NFV) market will be worth $15.5 billion by 2020, up from 2.7 billion in 2015, an annual compound rate of 42 percent. The study further suggests that NFV software spending will make up 80 percent of the $15.5 billion total; the other 20 percent will be spent on new hardware developments.
We’ve successfully created a truly software-based approach to designing, deploying and operating next-generation WANs/branches and managed services, and major industry leaders such as RCN, Colt, Orange and CenturyLink have found real value in this approach. As we approach our one-year anniversary, it’s been exciting to look back at all of the technological advancements service providers and large enterprises have made. As we look ahead to the future, I want our customers to know that they can expect the same commitment to innovation and customer satisfaction that has provided the industry recognition we enjoy today.