Security is the Great Differentiator to a Successful SD-WAN Solution
NSS Labs recently conducted its 2019 security-enabled SD-WAN 2.0 group test. Versa is one of only two SD-WAN vendors, out of 10 tested, that received the “Recommended” rating. The test findings accentuated Versa Networks’ ability to deliver an exceptional user experience and low total cost of ownership with security enabled.
Leveraging unbiased data to establish verifiable vendor differentiation is critical to the NSS Labs test criteria. Within the crowded SD-WAN vendor landscape, to affirm their vendor selection, customers put a premium on real-world and impartial testing, based on empirical evidence.
NSS Labs structured the security-enabled SD-WAN test according to three criteria:
Highest quality of experience for VoIP and Video
• NSS tested Versa’s solution under very difficult network conditions of packet loss, jitter and latency. The Versa Secure SD-WAN delivered very high MOS scores and application experience standards for voice and video applications.
Lowest total cost of ownership (TCO)
• The Versa SD-WAN delivered lowest TCO per Mbps of secured SD-WAN throughput.
Built-in next generation firewall (NGFW) security
• SD-WAN is commonly used by enterprises to improve the SaaS and multi-cloud application experience using direct Internet connectivity. The Versa secure SD-WAN solution was designed from the ground up with security foremost in mind, with Versa’s embedded NGFW that blocks threats at the branch more effectively, plus UTM functionality designed to protect against web-borne or application-level threats
NSS Labs “Recommendation” rating confirms what our customers tell us
Versa’s Secure Cloud IP solution enables enterprises to deploy a secure SD-WAN fabric for their branch/multi-cloud networks and better manage WAN costs while simplifying operations, enhancing network resiliency and improving application performance. Versa’s solution integrates routing, networking services, SD-WAN and critical security functions like NGFW and unified threat management (UTM) that also serve to consolidate multiple appliances into a single platform. Versa’s unique solution provides full multi-tenancy, multiple deployment options, Zero Touch Provisioning and multi-cloud extensibility to enable enterprises to seamlessly drop in next-generation technology for an accelerated WAN transformation.
DOWNLOAD THE REPORT HERE
Additionally, NSS Labs has recognized Versa for a second consecutive year with a Recommended rating based on the 2019 NSS Labs Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) Group Test.
Versa Networks’ flagship software product, FlexVNF, garnered a 99% Exploit Block Rate, and strong scores for Performance, SSL/TLS Functionality and TCO (total cost of ownership). Versa Networks is one of only two vendors with security enabled to achieve a Recommended rating in the recent 2019 NSS Labs SD-WAN test.
In 1H 2019, NSS Labs performed an independent test of the Versa Networks FlexVNF release v16.1R2-S7. This new test report focuses on the main differentiators for next generation firewall (NGFW) products: Security, Performance/Functionality, and Cost.
NSS Labs’ test suite stated that the ideal NGFW is one that:
- 1. Delivers a high block rate for exploits and evasions while at the same time providing the expected stability and reliability.
- 2. Provides high performance for both encrypted and non-encrypted traffic while offering support for the most used ciphers.
- 3. Offers scalability that delivers continuous uptime.
- 4. Demonstrates low maintenance and support costs.
To download the NGFW 9.0 Test Report conducted by NSS Labs, visit: NGFW 2019 Test Report: Versa Networks FlexVNF V16.1R2-S7.
For more detailed information, download our secure SD-WAN solution brief.